I was still tired most of the days this week, but I felt a lot better. Thank goodness for Tamiflu. It definitely sped up my recovery, and it also prevented Ben from getting sick.
We found out that our first required "education class" for our Bethany adoption will be on March 10. That is so much earlier than we expected, and we are absolutely thrilled. God has lined up so much for us in the last six months and now it's just all falling into place! As Dave Ramsey says on his talk show, if you ask us how we are, our response should be "better than we deserve"!!!!
We went house shopping today. We looked in Dunwoody. After my first week at my new job location, we are thinking perhaps Norcross won't be our best option. I stayed at my parents' house on Wednesday and the commute was heavenly. Heading north on I-85 in the morning is opposite traffic and very easy-- but we are guessing that the trip between Norcross and Ben's work near Perimeter Mall will be pretty yucky. Granted, I don't ever want to have to say I live in Dunwoody- because as a Chamblee HS student, I must admit that I have a distinct impression based on personal experience and hearsay that everyone in Dunwoody is a snob. BUT, the schools in Dunwoody are actually rated higher than the ones that feed into Chamblee. They are both in the Dekalb County school system. That's great for our future kids- we're looking at this house purchase as a really long term decision- like 20 years, but it is also great for the investment value of the property. It also occurred to us that Dunwoody will be a better commute for getting to church, Lifegroup, and our friends in Marietta and Decatur.... We'll see!
Tomorrow we are having an Open House and Tuesday our Realtor is including our house in a Caravan Tour of Properties. We've just shown it once so far, but we're hoping for lots more "traffic" in the next week!
Jasmine came over this afternoon and we played with Photo Booth on my computer. Here are my favorites:



No comments:
Post a Comment