I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Thursday, February 07, 2008

DEBT FREE INFLUENZA JEN

HOORAY! WE'RE DEBT FREE EXCEPT THE HOUSE. YUCK. I'M REALLY SICK.

Ben sent our very last payment to Sallie Mae today (that's student loans) which makes us debt free except our house! Hooray! We have worked hard and made lots of difficult and thought-out decisions to bring us to this point. One day when I am feeling better, I'll write out my pretend call in to Dave Ramsey. We love Dave Ramsey's show and books. That was the plan we tried to follow and the source of our motiviation.

I just got back from seeing my doctor. I had to leave work early on Tuesday and haven't been back. He did a nasal swab test which came up positive for influenza. Maybe you guys had flu shots and there is no worry, but in case you didn't, he said I could have been contagious up to four days before my symptoms started (which would have been Friday). My symptoms started Tuesday with lots of achiness, shallow breathing, and a painful dry cough. I had a temperature of 101 last night- and from what I am reading a high temperature is the biggest sign it is the flu and not just a cold. It moved up into my head now so I have stuffiness and a headache. Of course I am very tired, I pretty much feel like resting and sleeping. Everything including taking my shower before going to the doctor or even driving to the doctor was a big production. (Thankfully, Ben worked from home and took me to the doctor and CVS for my prescription.) The doctor put me on a flu prescription and also suggested Ben go on it as a preventative. My doctor wanted me to let people I had been in contact with know so they could watch for the symptoms... apparently if you get to the doctor within 48 hrs the medicine they can give you is more likely to decrease your time of being sick. Anyway, wouldn't wish it on anyone and I hope nobody gets it... but wanted to let you know in case you do.

In other great news, it looks like our Bethany adoption classes will begin in March, which is much earlier than we expected. Very exciting!

No comments: