I was never really a fat kid...


age 16-18: lost 10-15 lbs of extra weight mid-year with Swim Team and Slimfast Plan -- probably ranged from 120-140
age 19: gained weight Freshman college year-- probably up to 148 or so, then lost (ate less and swam laps in pool for a class) down to 127
Sophomore - Senior College Years: Gradually Gained Weight, was probably 190 at graduation
1995-1996 (Graduate School): followed Jenny Craig plan, lost 70 lbs, lowest was 124 or so
1996-1997 gradually put on more weight, perhaps up to 150 or so
Winter 1997-1998 unintentionally lost weight due to stress and only “time” for slimfast for lunch (lunch duty, new teacher, ran Middle School band program), back down to 126 lbs.

1999-2000 -- changed schools, by winter depression was quite bad, slowly added more weight / quit teaching during spring and was out of work a few months, then to work for the Census -- probably got up to about 175 -- was wearing size 16
Fall 2000 -- moved to Baltimore, new job -- Began Weight Watchers in 02/2001 or so, got back down to 135-140, size 12-14
2001 -- 2002 -- lots of problems with severe depression, changed meds several times, put on a lot of weight. got to over 200, started shopping in plus size stores
Fall 2002 -- did some weight watchers online, down to 190 or so briefly, kept at 195ish
Summer/ Fall 2003 -- moderate depression problems returned, lots of counseling, med changes, gained weight back, then back over 200, up to maybe 220
Spring/Summer 2004 --- Asked Psychiatrist about weight gain due to meds, she suggested I’d just have to do WW-- did WW online, back down to about 200-205

2004-2005 -- weight gradually krept back up, traveling, met Ben, sold home, moved, etc
Fall 2005 -- Ben and I tried Southbeach -- I lost 15 lbs within a few weeks, but put it back on just as quickly
winter 2006 -- new pysciatrist, better job situation, supportive hubby, great counselor -- depression under control! (-:
09/2006 -- Ben and I did NutriSystem -- I started at 261.6, lost 22 lbs/ Joined LA Fitness and tried Water Aerobics for several months but then transferred to job other side of town and we sold our house, etc.
02/2007 -- after gaining a bit back during Holidays, etc. I tried Weight Watchers again
04/2007 -- Infertility doctor diagnosed with PCOS, put me on Metformin which gave me horrible symptoms of IBS, didn’t lose much weight at all
Fall 2008-11/2009 -- Ben and I did Doctor’s Care -- low carb concept developed by an MD, my allergist
02/2009 -- I didn’t like Doctor’s Care menu -- I started attending Weight Watchers, lost maybe 15 more pounds
Summer 2009 -- missed my sweets and coffee with cream and sugar too much -- fell off the wagon -- by 09/2009, I’m back to 265 lbs
01/2010-- at 266.5 (Christmas goodies?) --- first visit to Dr. Macik's office
Spring 2010 --- with the decision of weight loss surgery made, I gained another 7 lbs (up to 274) enjoying things I knew I could never enjoy again (I KNOW, total weakness, but I don't actually regret it.... )
During the two weeks before surgery I lost about 8 lbs doing low carb mandated by Dr. Macik. (Which was a darn good thing since he threatens us that we are NOT allowed to gain weight before our surgeries.....)
AND, TODAY, ONE WEEK AFTER SURGERY, I'M AT ABOUT 255! I've lost about a pound a day, believe it or not! And, nope, I don't feel hungry except a small twang when I need to eat something on my plan....
And, in case you are also wondering, someone in our small group tonight asked what we expect to get down to in the next year or so..... I think it is 100% reasonable to believe that I will get back to 135. And I get a HUGE thrill putting that goal onto paper. err, in writing. (-:









No comments:
Post a Comment