I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Thursday, June 03, 2010

The end of narcotics for me

Well, I've been trying to cut back on my use of my Roxicet, partly because I had one bottle of it that said "no refills" and partly because I don't really WANT to be on narcotics indefinitely. The two days I've tried no meds or tylenol instead have been my two worse days yet, though. So, this morning, I called Dr. Macik's office to get their opinion.

Turns out, Dr. Macik WON'T refill the narcotics. Nurse suggested I use tylenol during the day and Roxicet at night. That's actually what I did yesterday, and it wasn't a banner day. But, that's the plan, Stan. I think, if I use one half dose of my Roxicet for night time, I've got 3 glorious nights left. And then, well, I do hope I'll get some sleep. I guess I will call back and make sure a little benadryl won't hurt....

The nurse also reminded me to walk every two hours and that warm fluids will help calm me. Yes m'am. I'll do my best, m'am.

No comments: