It's difficult for me to believe that my surgery was only 2 and a half weeks ago! I feel GREAT! I had a busy 3 day weekend including spending 4 hours on Saturday cleaning house and doing some yardwork (with my Mom's help), going to church & small group on Sunday, and enjoying a visit from my dear Mother-In-Law and Father-In-Law. Today, I did my 30 minute walk, prepared and took dinner over and visited a friend who recently had her second baby, and planted a flat of flowers!
Eating is annoying to me at the moment. I don't feel especially hungry (a completely new concept for me, I assure you!), and following all the crazy rules makes it especially annoying, though I generally have that under control. I think the hardest aspect is not drinking 30 minutes before, during, or for 30 minutes after you eat. Of course, in addition to my goal of 60g of protein each day, I am also supposed to be drinking 48-60 oz of fluids. It's hard to fit it all in, especially since I am physically unable to gulp down my water as I once did... Drinking an 8 oz glass takes 20-30 minutes. Drinking (or eating) too fast causes uncomfortable pressure in my lower chest. I am not certain, but I believe that is because my new little pouch gets full, and whatever I'm drinking or eating gets backed up into my esophagus.
I had great intentions of blogging more over the weekend, specifically about how I used to be against weight loss surgery and, then, how I came to the decision that I felt it was the right decision for me, but I just had too much fun this weekend to attend to blogging. Guess that's a good problem to have, right? (-:
A New Look and a New Site
12 years ago

1 comment:
You're a brave girls, Jen!!! It's brilliant that you are willing to be so public with your journey! And I dont think it's always easy! That's why I think you're a brave girl!!! Goes for Ben too!!! I've just logged on to his blog too.
Post a Comment