I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm Hungry

I'm hungry. The Quarter Pounder with cheese without the bun only does so much, especially when not accompanied by fries or a sundae. Guess I'll drink a protein shake before bed. That's my new routine, apparently! I'm surviving no carbs, and I've lost several pounds which gets me excited about what's to come, but I really miss my sugar and pasta and fruit and bread and ....

I'm looking forward to not being hungry. It's so difficult to imagine needing to remind myself to eat, but I believe that is one result I can expect from the surgery.

We got lots of XS Energy Shots in the mail (boxes of them!) yesterday. They have lots of B12 and some other healthy vitamins in them. We're going to share our story and be the poster children for the product and how it can be useful after bariatric surgery. Ben's friend from Wheaton, Dave Vanderveen, is the founder of XS and Dave asked if we were interested. Free stuff? Shots that taste way better than the vitamins we'll need either way? SURE! More to come on that, but I had my first "shot" this morning and it really helped me get a move on at work!

I'm fighting a head cold. I was seriously concerned this morning, because in my hospital pre-surgery interview a week and a half ago, the nurse advised me to stop taking all supplements, vitamins, and pain relievers other than Tylenol. WHAT?! How can I possibly survive a cold or treat it so it will be almost gone by Wednesday with no drugs or supplements? But, alas, when I called the doc's office they gave me the go ahead... just no anti-inflammatories. SO, I'm armed and ready to fight .... Contact Cold Medicine (in day and night capsules), Cold Eze, Vitamin Water Zero with Zinc and Vitamin C. Cold, cold go away.... and if you try to stay, I WILL defeat you.

The nurse also said I really don't need to take much to the hospital with me. She suggested I wear in what I'd like to wear out. No nice jewelry. And just the essentials for grooming - tooth brush, hair brush, skin cremes. OH, and I must take my CPAP machine (the nurse, the pulmonologist and my sleep doctor all advised me of this!) But, I was thinking. Won't I want some deodorant and a few pairs of clean underwear, too? Just sayin'.




1 comment:

Amy Hill said...

XS energy shots...I think cousins Steve and Steph drink a lot of these. They sell Amway and I think their fridge is full of them. LOL