I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Friday, May 07, 2010

Great Expectations

I had to request seatbelt extenders on my Delta flights this week. I'd never needed them on Airtran, but Ben has needed them as long as I've known him. Have you ever thought about how horrible it would feel to be that big person you don't want to sit next to? I am so embarrassed when I sit on a plane. I feel horrible for the person that has the misfortune of sitting next to me and my extremely wide hips, and I do my best to lean away from them and not crowd them the entire flight. Such guilt and shame. I don't typically experience those emotions, but for some reason the airplane ride brings them up.

I felt such relief that these two flights where I needed the extensions would be my ONLY two times they were needed!! So, that got me thinking. What other hopes, dreams, and expectations do I hold in my heart? I'll probably come back and add to this post now and then, but here's a list to start with...

  • fitting comfortably in an airplane coach seat
  • fitting comfortably in the movie theater and at church
  • not having to squish to get into the booths at restaurants
  • not having my wedding rings be so tight I have to work to take them off at night
  • Needing to resize my wedding rings when they start to fall off!
  • saving money on purchasing food- both a restaurants and the grocery store
  • being able to shop for clothing in a "normal" store
  • appearing as smart as I truly am with my first impression
  • not getting winded when carrying laundry upstairs
  • not feeling embarrassed to hug someone I barely know
  • being able to get a good night's sleep next to Ben in a Queen size bed when on vacation
  • not feeling embarrassed when getting up from sitting on the floor
  • being able to paint my own toenails
  • being able to run and play and climb on playground equipment with my kids
  • Walking my first 5K since the Hunger Walk I did in High School
WOW! It's hard to grasp that any of this will be possible, let alone most of it! I can't wait!

No comments: