I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm a grumpy Jen

I really am not enjoying the low carb mandate. At least it's temporary (10 days left), and I did actually lose a few pounds in just my first 3 days of it, so I'm no longer afraid the doctor (who has a strict "you may not gain weight before the surgery" policy) will change his mind!

Low carbs is great for some people, but I am just not into it. I really prefer eating carbs, y'all. A sandwich is not a sandwich if there is no bread. Coffee is better with sugar, though I am adjusting to Splenda and even less sweetness. Is it SO horrible to want popcorn from time to time? Plus I've been having minor headaches. Not sure if it's from the Splenda I've replaced sugar in my coffee with or the shock to my system, but life would be better without headaches.

Also, in addition to no popcorn, there's no date night tonight which means no movie. Ben's Census job is in the evenings, so, well, no Friday Date Night! Again, that's a temporary scenario --- and we realized last night that me being off work for 2 weeks to recover means we'll get to see each other more!) We do get to use our date night tomorrow night to help out a couple we know. Their twin boys are 7 months old, so we're going to go babysit so they can have their date night! I love helping others and I love babies! So I'm thrilled about the adventure it will be!

I did have a productive day at work today, so that is great. It's pretty stressful knowing I'll be out two weeks. I've not only got to be caught up with my overpayment workloads, I've got to be 2 weeks ahead of schedule. God will help, and I'll do my best, and I'll be where I should be. Grateful for being able to go in for 4 hours of OT in the morning. Saturdays are always so productive because they're quiet and without interruptions (i.e. claimants).

I'm headed to turn in our enrollment fees to the gym. Haven't swam yet, but hopefully I'll get my butt over there on Monday. And I think when I get back, I'll put on my new tennis shoes and do a REAL walk. (I've been walking Zippy, our nephew dog, but since he's almost 15 years old, that doesn't require much exercise on my part!)

No comments: