This adoption paperwork is down right oppressive. We ARE going to finish it today, though. I'm making great progress. Just needed a break. So far I have 17 typed pages of questions and answers, and I still have several sections to go.
Adoption is just very different from having a romantic night together and having a baby 9 months later, I tell you what! Blood work, fingerprinting with background checks, 911 history check (do you think we might be refused from that time I cleaned the oven while away at church and the FABULOUS East Point firemen had to come?!?), physicals, references from your pastor, references from your friends, references from work, references from a family member, meeting with an adoption counselor, adoption classes, CPR class, no certainty on how long your wait might be - a few months or a few years?!- and a home invasion. Oops, I mean home study. (-;
Seriously, though, Bethany is fabulous and does their best not to make it all as oppressive as it could be. I'm just thankful we're working with them and not some crazy Adoption Facilitator like this lady named Marcia we went to an introduction meeting for. "Pay us lots of extra money, and you'll have your baby in just a few months!"
Speaking of attaining beautiful babies, many CONGRATS to Donna Marie and Mark on the arrival of their precious son Will. His big sister Gwennan is adorable, so no doubt he will be also!
A New Look and a New Site
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment