I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Saturday, July 17, 2010

Swimming 100s with flip turns

Today was my 3rd day in the pool over the last 8 days. I can tell it's using muscles that have long been forgotten and neglected. They are sore the next day or so, but not terribly painful. Today's goal was to swim 100s rather than 50s. I probably swam the same number of laps over 30 minutes, but the idea was stopping less often and therefore getting a better "workout". I also hoped to add flip turns when doing freestyle. I did well with the 100s (4 laps at a time before resting), but the flip turns caused much more fatigue than I expected... So that will be a gradual progression! Wednesday I did maybe three, today I did maybe 9. Try not to laugh at the visual of 37 yr old me and my great big butt doing a flip turn, btw! It's like simultaneously defying gravity and telling my lack of limberness to kiss off!

I got some "yoga wear" at Target Wednesday, and I'm hoping to try out the DBC yoga classes Mon and Wed this week... speaking of a lack of limberness! LOL. It all starts somewhere, though!

No comments: