I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Monday, December 01, 2008

The Ride

When I talk about being on "The Ride", people always ask me what it is.  It's hard to sum up, but I'd say that it is an amazing small group experience, where we get to be a part of a safe community while discovering our own individual journey on our path toward a closer, more intimate relationship with God.  A place where we explore, discuss, and learn all about what "Christ in me" looks and feels like.  Where we learn about our flesh, learn to accept it for what it is, and practice loving others who are working through their own stories while we work through our own.  There is amazing, biblical, grace-filled teaching.  We have mentors to help us figure out the confusing parts.  We share a weekly meal, get to know one another, and learn to love ourselves through loving one another.  We are real, we are open, and we are vulnerable.  Yet, we are safe.  We get to be creative, even when some of us don't see ourselves as creative.  "The Ride" has changed my life.  Not just my church life, but my life.  My marriage is better, I appreciate each day more, I appreciate other people more, and I am learning not to expect too much from myself.  Life is not about what I accomplish or what I do and don't do.  Instead, I'm learning that it is a lot less work, but a lot more rewarding, to just sit back and watch God do His thing through me.  Moment by moment, decision by decision, day by day.

No comments: