I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Reflections from The Ride

Dear God,

I offer myself to you.  Help me to be aware of my flesh, and instead choose you.  Help me to remember that my flesh is NOT me.  I am merely a battleground, except I get to pick sides.  Help me to let you live through me, moment by moment.

GAL 5: 9 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rageselfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like.

GAL 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peacepatiencekindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. 

GAL 5: 7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his flesh, from that nature[a]will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

ROM6  11In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

How amazing is it that acts of the flesh are hard work, and not fun but allowing you to live in me is not work?  It’s a done deal and I don’t have to keep working on earning my salvation.  I became a new creation all at once, and that is that!  Help me to move away from performance based acceptance of my myself and others, and instead to know my identity in you.

God, help me see others and myself as you see us: PERFECT AND BLAMELESS.  There is no condemnation, but there is a way to live in grace.

Thanks be to God!  You rock!

1 comment:

Jennifer G said...

As pointed out by Deane in church this morning, I am going to stop referring to "my flesh" and instead call it "the flesh" that I have to deal with. It's not ME at all, after all!