For the new year, I am refusing to make any resolutions because, let's face it, resolutions are made to be forgotten by around Feburary 1st. I will say that my health and wellness plan is to try to do a better job watching my carb intake, and to do a better job getting my walking in. I can either go to the mall or the treadmill at the gym, but I just must make it more part of my routine. I've found making excuses comes all to easily for me on that subject, not the least of which is after working a 9 hour day and it's already dark, the last thing I feel like doing is going back out once I'm home. Well, so I guess I'd better work with that, and MAKE myself pack my walking pants, t-shirt, and gym shoes so I go STRAIGHT to the gym. Ben's new job might make that a little easier, actually, because he'll be getting home about an hour later than me anyway starting Tuesday. (-:
I live for Starbucks "treats". I still love my Skinny Vanilla Lattes with 3 splenda's when I can afford them in the mornings. Heaven in a cup. Now, in the evenings at home, just before bed, I drink a glass of 1% milk. That's to get 9 more grams of protein in, and to help me wind down before climbing into bed. Well, I have a new treat when I'm both able to afford it and I'm out and about after 9:30 or so.... Have you ever tried a Vanilla Steamer? Ohhh, YUM! It's like a warm milkshake-- steamed milk and some syrup for flavor. But I get to enjoy mine guilt-free.... I have them use sugar free vanilla syrup and nonfat milk, no whip. DELICIOUS! Warms you right up, and makes you all cozy and calm and ready for bed. We have a pretty tight budget these days, so this isn't something I get to do a lot.... but I will admit I have a GOLD Starbucks card with my name on it. I put a certain amount on it each two week pay for my Starbucks budget. And, since this is a frequent visitor program, I get my syrup for free, not to mention every 16th drink is FREE. If you love Starbucks, btw, I highly recommend you register that card you got as a Christmas gift or in your stocking.... just click here to get it registered and start earning your rewards!
I'm fighting off bronchitis, so I best get myself to bed. Happy New Year, one and all! How INSANE is it that it's 2011? Y2K, what's that?

No comments:
Post a Comment