So, after doing well with exercising, last week I fell off the wagon a bit. I did walk some, but I didn't swim and I didn't really walk enough. Last Sunday, I walked for hours at the mall, but some of that was while browsing and purchasing, so it wasn't all truly exercise. I decided this week had to be better, so I am trying. I did a nice long walk with my friend on Monday, and swam on Wednesday, and did another long walk again tonight. I really feel like 3 nights a week isn't enough, but I just haven't figured out the timing yet. So, I guess an ideal week for me would be walking 3 days and swimming 3 days, with one day off. Let's see. Walking takes up 1.5 hours total, swimming takes up (hmmm... drive to the gym, sit in the car procrastinating on FB in the parking lot, changing clothes, swim for 40 min or so, shower, drive home... yep, 1.5 hrs). So, apparently, I'm trying to fit in 9 hours of exercise each week. No wonder it's been difficult!!! Hmm. And, if it's not easy now with my 9 hour work days, I wonder what it will be like when I am working and a Mommy, too? God's going to show me that when I need to know, I suppose. But what about when I have to start cooking again? I mean, this exercise after work thing messes with dinner prep and eating and clean up time in a big way. I have a whole new perspective for working Moms who exercise, 'cause I'm not even doing well keeping up without being a Mom!
Maybe I should figure out which day I am going to use as an off day first. Friday night is date night and Sundays are crazy busy with Waumba Land, Church, and Small Group. Hmm. Since I can usually fit a walk in after church, Fridays it is. Gym is closed on Sundays, so that means that's a day for walking. Alright .... here's my plan for next week and hopefully the weeks after that: Sun, Mon, and Thurs walking with Tues, Wed, and Sat swimming.
And, yes, I did try a Yoga class a few weeks ago. My body very clearly said "no thank you, but hopefully later."
1 comment:
Friday is my day off too!
Post a Comment