So, here's the adorable "Tiddliwinks Froggie" look I am going for:

And, no, Ben and I have not yet gotten all of our adoption paperwork turned in. We've made progress on it all, though. Hopefully having a crib will get us motivated to get it all submitted this week. Then we'll do individual meetings with our adoption specialist, then she'll come do a home inspection and -hopefully- do the final, official approval of us, then we'll finish up our profile and it will start to get shown to birthmothers, and then we wait. It's typically the birthmother's choice that determines which baby goes to which couple. I hope to try to work on our profile while Amie is here. She's very good at layouts and stuff, and will probably take no time to figure out the scrapbooking software an adoption class friend shared with me. No doubt in our hearts that God already has our future baby picked out, and that his timing will be just right-- even if it's not the first time we get picked. We are doing an open adoption, which typically means you get to meet with the Birthmother while she's pregnant, then be at the hospital during and after the birth, and then take the baby home on the 3rd day. Things become final- in other words legally bound- on the 10th day of the baby's life. But we will still stay in touch with the Birthmom and she still gets to see the baby a few times during the first couple of years.
Anyway, my day today is packed full. Stanley Steamer already came and cleaned our former coffee couch and our living room area rug. Larry came by so we could talk over the ways he can "clean up" our slightly overgrown yard next week. (Looking forward to that progress!). I have plenty of laundry and cleaning to do throughout the house today, but also need to go get my allergy shots and run to Home Depot. I'd thought I'd try to get a pedicure squeezed in, but not so sure there will be time for that today. I'll also be meeting with John who will service our A/C. So, I best be gettin' goin' so I can "ENJOY" my day "OFF"!
May God grant you peace and rest today and every day.

2 comments:
That's a heckuva busy day there! Did you get it all done? (Including the pedicure?)
ALL BUT THE PEDICURE AND SOME OF THE LAUNDRY, ACTUALLY. AND I ADDED AN APPOINTMENT WITH AN INSULATION GUY!
Post a Comment