Amie and Ben are going to be our first overnight guests in our new home next week. They hope to close on the sale of their condo Wednesday morning, and then they'll stay here a night, and then Ben will head on up to Wisconsin. Ben and I get to enjoy Amie's company until mid-July, and Sonny will be joining her about a week into her stay. He gets to go to Grandma Keck's during the crazy moving week. It's a little bittersweet, really. Sooo excited for them to visiting, but sooo sad that means they are moving soon. We did figure out that Madison, WI is just a few hours from Dubuque, so we'll have to somehow include them in a family visit to Iowa next year.
We had Suzanne and Jasmine over briefly before going out to dinner with them Sunday eve. I was supposed to make dinner, but, well, I didn't get to that. Did make huge strides in making the house more presentable, though. Anyway it was great to see them.
I think I found a pretty and well made, safe white crib that's actually available on Craig's list... There had been another, Pottery Barn set, but I wasn't quick enough to get it several weeks ago. I guess that makes me officially addicted, doesn't it? Two great finds in two weekends?!
Somehow my weekends keep filling up. I don't think I used to be this busy. Nor this social. It's a little strange, a bit fabulous, and a tad tiring all at once. After working OT last weekend and working a full week this week for the first time in awhile, I'm truly looking forward to next Monday off!
A New Look and a New Site
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment