I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day

Isn't it great that Mothers' Day celebrates all the awesome Moms out there? I know both my Mom and mother in law are incredible Moms, and deserve all the celebration, appreciation, and gifts they can get. And I have lots of girlfriends who are awesome Mothers. It's fun to watch friends learn to be Moms. You know, you knew them before they were ever married, then they got married, and now they have little ones....

It is a difficult day for a lot of people, though. Yesterday I was at Costco with about half of Atlanta. It was a zoo- especially in the flower section (the reason I personally was there). I saw a middle aged lady driving down the isle crying. I wanted to go to her and give her a hug, but resisted because I didn't know her from Eve and thought I should not invade her privacy. I understand, though. Mother's Day is really hard if you've lost your Mom recently, or if you've always hoped to be a Mom, only to find out that you aren't going to be able to have any kids. Worse yet, think about the almost Moms. Women who are mothers, but lost their babies before they were ever born.

In adoption class last Monday, they reminded us about an entirely different group of people to remember on Mother's Day. There are many, many birth Moms out there that chose life for their babies and then, out of love and graciousness, gave their babies up for adoption. No one gets to give them a card, a hug, or a even a thank you. They probably aren't comfortable standing up or getting a rose at church. But they are some of the best and least selfish Moms around.

I thank God today and everyday for the birth Mom of our future child or children. I pray that God loves her and takes care of her, and helps her know just how special she is. And I thank God in advance for the sacrifice she will have to make in a time of crisis in her life in order to chose life for her unborn baby.

Happy Mothers Day.... to all of the mothers, birth mothers, and adoptive mothers!

No comments: