Oh, I found out my first day in Norcross is Monday, February 11th. I'm working hard to get all my stuff in my current job all "cleaned up" so I don't leave behind stuff for others to have to worry about when I'm gone. My plan is that I will try to get through Atlanta early enough to avoid the bad traffic.... I've already mapped out an alternative route around I-285 and I'll use my cool iPhone to check out traffic each morning to decide which way to go. They're within a few miles distance of each other so it's just a matter of the clearer traffic route. Anyway, I figure I'll get to work at 7:00 AM and work until 4:30. Hopefully I'll miss some of the worst traffic in the afternoon that way as well. With those hours, I can continue on my every other Monday off which will be great. And perhaps on Wednesdays after Lifegroup I'll stay at my parents' house which is more than halfway between our house and my new office....
So, what about that darn cat? Earlier tonight, he VERY QUICKLY slipped right out the front door when I opened it to take a load of clothes to donate out to my car. So he began the evening exploring our front yard, running across the street, and exploring Ed's front yard (he's our neighborhood soldier that made it safely home in November after a six month tour). I finaly coaxed him in with his late night snack .... er, a light dinner that they don't get until 10PM.
Well, in order for me to have clothes to take out to the car, we started with pulling some stuff out of the attic... all part of the major decluttering and donating stuff project we're knee deep in.... and we left the attic stairs down. Now, remember our ceilings are super high 10 ft ceilings and that means our attic pull down ladder is super long (and wobbly!). Here I was sitting in my great "new" office and I hear a noise above me. Hmmm, maybe a box fell over since I was moving things around. Then I hear another noise up there. Either there's a spontaneous burglar that made it right past Ben and myself without our notice OR.... hey, Ben, where's Baxter? I don't know, honey. Well, I think I do..... and sure enough.... can't believe I missed the visual of the stair climbing.... but I couldn't resist the camera for documentation purposes...
Ben gave a great sound affect-- imagine the muppets--- doo, da doo, da doo....
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:
Aw, I miss having kitties around. Even mischievous ones.
Post a Comment