The update is that there isn't really an update. Thanks for everyone praying for us. I think we've settled in to the idea that we just aren't supposed to adopt until the next class at Bethany. In the mean time, I placed an application at the Norcross Social Security office. The job is technically not for my expertise- it's for a SSI position- but you never know who they'll end up taking. The Norcross/ "Gwinnett" office is where I truly wanted to be placed when I was first applying to SSA in Georgia, and in fact I preferred Gwinnett Schools even when I was applying for Middle School Band Director positions after grad school. Recently, we visited my friend Heather (a Baltimore friend) while she was visiting Simpsonwood, which is a Methodist Conference Center located in a great neighborhood near Pickneyville MS. The homes are larger with decent yards, and fairly reasonable prices.
So, for now, we'll continue to aggressively pay off the last debt other than our house- a student loan that continues to get smaller- and see where God leads on the job changes. Ben is still thinking about a change, and what those potential job changes mean for where we want to live. Do we stay down here in East Point a little longer, or will we get back up to the north side of Atlanta? And, of course, that part of the plan will also take patience since the housing market is not doing well for the seller side of things!
So, we're at a wait and see spot again. We know we just need to rest and trust Him to answer our prayers in His timing.
Hope things are well with you!
A New Look and a New Site
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment