I just weighed in.... I'm down to 239.2 which is 22.4 LBS GONE! HOORAY! That makes my goal of 144.6 about 95 LBS away... which is lots closer than the original 117.
BEN is still doing well, too. He has lost 32 lbs! (-: Go, honey, go!
BTW, Happy Veteran's day. I love being a government employee! We're taking my Dad out tonight to say thanks... He was a fighter pilot in Vietnam.
It's been awhile since I talked about work. That is because it is actually going pretty well. I'm mostly "caught up" with my cases and should be really on top of things in about another 2 weeks. I spoke to my supervisor about coming off my PIP (performance improvement plan- should be a negative thing, but truly it's been a huge blessing- Thanks, God for that!). Hopefully I'll be off it and pulling my own weight in my unit by Christmas. I'm enjoying my work a lot and not feeling constantly overwhelmed which is huge. I love the people I meet and interview each day, and I'm feeling that I have an excellent grasp on how to handle most of the complex scenarios that come my way. I also feel really blessed by my excellent paycheck and my great new schedule that affords me 1 day off for every 9 days of work!
As for my longing to teach preschool or daycare, God has really provided me some great ways to be around kids. I've enjoyed being involved with the Children's Ministry at church, and I've also used several of my Mondays off to visit my girlfriends that are at home with babies. My favorite night of the week is Wednesdays- I get to spend those with six week old Sonny. He's a sweetie. It's a win win combo- I get baby time and his Mom and Dad get a night off! (-:
A New Look and a New Site
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment