I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Sunday, June 04, 2006

Work is going better, BTW.

The last few weeks at work have seemed better, so that's good news. Probably a combination of some new medicine I am on (Wellbutrin and Lexapro- Lexapro helps with Depression AND Generalized Anxiety Disorder) as well as just trying to stay positive and just do as best I can and not worry about the work I am not getting to. That's the only way to handle it, I suppose. ONE CASE AT A TIME. And my speed and know-how/ experience with cases will improve over time... it did with my previous SSA position, I know.

My supervisor also reassigned 9 of my disability cases to a new CR (claims representative) in our office, so that took my list down from 61 disability claims pending to 52. Then I moved 7 cases when I worked 4.5 hours Saturday, so that made a nice dent and I'm down to 45. Granted it should be more like 15 or 18, but let's just focus on the good parts. My retirement/survivors list is looking good, too, and I think that just has about 9 cases on it...

And while I'm staying positive, I'll just not mention the tons of voicemail messages that need return calls from me, 18 appeals, or the 15 or so child claims also waiting to be worked... or the fact that right now I do 4 interviews a day and starting in July they are bumping me up to 5 interviews a day. Choosing not to think or worry about that is healthier. When it comes time, I'll deal with those things one at a time, just as I am learning to do with the disability and retirement cases.

All joking aside, Dean's message at church reminded me that there is no ideal life, and God teaches and works in us through our trials and tribulations. In an ideal life I could take my interviews and complete my cases too. I'd have time to be thorough, helpful, and friendly for each and every claimant I helped. And there would be enough CR's to handle our workload and there would be enough SR's (service representatives) so that we CR's would not get pulled from our own work and cases to go help with soical security cards, address changes, and other things we get paid too much to do.... The Fleecing of America. Our Tax Dollars at Work. (-:

BUT, seriously. I really, really enjoy the majority of people I interview. There are lots of varieties of people, and so many different life experiences. Some have all their teeth, some don't. Rich people, middle class people, poor people, educated people, high school drop outs, waffle house waitresses, and ex-Surgeon Generals. People with positive outlooks and people who suffer from mental illness. People who were doing fine and became suddenly sick and are facing losing everything. People who suddenly lost their husband or children who's mother died. Most born in the United States, but some that are just Legal Immigrants, and some that started as Immigrants and worked hard and got their citizenship. We interview people from ALL walks of life. People of all types are valuable, JUST AS THEY ARE, and I care about them, I really do. And they feel that, and walk away from a potentially stressful, frustrating government experience thanking me for helping them, telling me I'm a blessing, and, most importantly, less stressed than when they first sat down.

And that's why God has me right where I am right now.

No comments: