Romans 5:3-5 (New International Version)
3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
I have to stay at Social Security. For now, at least. Calling it a suffering is probably extreme depending on the day (today, for instance, I had a good day and met interesting people), but the point remains. I need to endure it, persevere, hang tough. I can do it. I should do it, and I shouldn't look for an easy way out because the going got tough.
I do absolutely love children. I do hope one day to be with them all day long. And I hope that day is fast approaching. But I need to wait for God's timing, and not try to jump ship early.
Verdict Is- Stay right where I am. But Ben and I are going to try (starting with Friday's pay checks!) to live on the money we'd have if I did work just 24 hours a week or as a preschool teacher. The "surplus" can build savings and pay school loans down super fast. One day, if we get to become parents, maybe we'll consider changing my hours or job then. Until then, we'll learn to tighten our budget and I will persevere.
Thanks again for your prayers over the last several months as I was working through all this! Love you guys!
A New Look and a New Site
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment