Today started out strangely enough, it was Saturday and I was getting up early like it was a work day. Then I took Figaro to the vet (see post below) and headed to work until 1PM. Ben was meeting me for a late lunch down in Morrow, so I stopped at Petsmart to get the fish some food. (Sidenote: I swore up and down no more kitties. I'm allergic and they are messy when they are sick and lots of work, etc.) Well, Rescue Cats was there as they are on many Saturdays so I, of course, stopped to look in at the cute kittens and other cats that were there for the day. Well, that's when Baxter adopted me. See, I bent near his cage and talked to him and he responded immediately. First he streched his two front paws out the front of his cage to me. Then, as I watched and talked some more, he streched and knocked some things off the table next to his crate. He was equally friendly to everyone who said hi to him, which is quite impressive. Lots of cats just ignore the people outside their cage. Then I got to hold him. This was when I fell in love. He actually lets you hold him upside down like a baby. He has a very laid back, friendly, social, and curious personality. Very gentle with everyone. The lady said he'd been rescued from a shelter with a 99% kill rate (meaning most animals never make it out), but he does not seem like it at all. Anyway, over lunch I talked it over with Ben who then went back to Petsmart with me. When we took him out then and I held him near Ben, he outstrechted those two front paws to Ben, too. So, now he's at home with us. And he was wonderful both with our 7yr old neighbor this afternoon and all of our guests at the Church Social tonight. He's about 10 lbs and about a year old, so he's full of energy but past lots of the hardest kitten stages. He is not here to replace Figaro and Shadow, but he's definitely benefiting from the kitty "gear" we already have! And we're enjoying having a healthy kitty to play with! (-:Bragging Rights: These fabulous photos were taken by Dawn Spoelstra during the church social here tonight. We highly recommend her photography as she and her husband did our wedding! Her website is http://www.emanationphotographics.com/ . Our Wedding Album should be ready in a week or so and we'd love to share it with you!

2 comments:
Welcome Baxter! What a cutie!
You know, if I'd known you were thinking of getting a new kitty, I would have given you both of mine! They've been horribly neglected since we brought Gwennan home.
Post a Comment