I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Two more days until VACATION!

Hooray! Just two more days until I get a whole week off. It's been since last February that I've had that much time off in a row. We're headed to Vegas for several days then I'll be home for a night, then headed up to Asheville for a visit with my college friend (Christy) who recently had her first baby, but that makes three kids 'cause two are adopted. Middle one is just 19 months, so you can imagine she's pretty busy right now! I'm looking forward to seeing them! Ben has to work, so it will be a few days apart for us. )-:

Today I got to get to work at noon because I had a doctor appointment this morning. I wish all days were five and a half hour days. I read an article in the AJC Jobs section the other day about job sharing. You work part time, but you have a partner that also works part time in the same position, so the company still has the total (if not more) than a full time worker. Wouldn't that be cool? Ideal compromise between working and staying at home when neither is best for your family, you know?

I had some cool claimants today, so work wasn't as bad. My mentor is also really trying to help and encourage me. I think when I almost cried (which is NOT like me!) the other day she realized just how frustrated I am. All the little criticisms make it hard to remember, but I realized this afternoon that- despite the fact that I'm not perfect or the most efficient claims representative (yet)- it would leave a HUGE hole if all the sudden I stopped working at Southlake SSA. I DO contribute something, and I'm just one of 9 of us handling our workload for a very busy office. Most of my claimants leave expressing that coming for their interview wasn't as awful as they expected, and that I did a good job, so I must be doing something right! God definitely has me there because of the people I meet and help each day. I really enjoy meeting all the different sorts of people that I meet, and I am just naturally pretty patient and encouraging for people, so that part is easy for me. (-:

Last thought for the day is that I am a horrible Mommy. Figaro is a pretty sick Kitty, and last time we had Bevin looking in on him he just made a mess of the house while we were gone. So after much contemplation, Ben and I decided it will be best to board Figs at the Vet while we're in Vegas. Poor thing. Five whole nights there. And that means poor Shadow will be home ALL alone. My poor babies. I'll worry about and miss them while we're gone.

I've gotten too wordy on these last posts. And as a perfectionist, I am appalled at how many typos I make. I need to remember to spell check!!!! Guess I have lots of stuff going on in my thoughts. Thanks for "listening". And thanks for the comments, Zellyn and DM. Next week might be more exciting with pictures from my little adventures. (-:

Love you guys! Hope many blessings fall to you today!

1 comment:

Donna-Marie said...

Too bad you guys don't live closer, I would be happy to take care of your kitties for you. I hope Fig doesn't wig from being at the vet.