So, at today's weight of 164 (BMI of 29.1), I definitely need to loose a minimum of 17 lbs more, which would put me safely below 150 and at a BMI of 26 which is considered "overweight". That is a mental thing suggested by my surgeon, based on his observations of his most successful patients.... that way, I'll be able to stay determined and committed never to get above 150 again.
Ideally, though, I'd like to lose another 28 lbs to get down to 136, which puts my BMI at 24, which is in the ideal range. My weight loss has slowed enough that I'm realizing this won't be as easy as the first 112 lbs. Trying to decide what I'm going to do to reign myself in... I have increased my exercise which is helping, and I need to figure out the best way for me to cut back on sweets but still be able to feel satisfied... I do feel hungry at meal times nowadays and have cravings for foods, which I didn't for the first 8 months or so.
In case you don't believe me that I am still in the "overweight" category, let me explain... I "hide" my extra weight in my thighs, and somehow still get to have a smaller waist when I still have weight to loose. Just how my body has always been... So, since I am 5'3", my current weight of 164 is a BMI 29 which is, in fact, considered "overweight".
I AM celebrating that I've finally gotten out of the "obese" range, though! PTL!

1 comment:
Maybe this will help: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/magazine/mag-17Sugar-t.html
Today was day one of me giving up sugary sweets, cookies, etc. We'll see how it goes! :-)
Post a Comment