I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Thursday, October 28, 2010

In a regular size 16, Candy Corn Just Isn't What it Used to Be

So, I can officially shop for and buy clothes that FIT in a "regular" store now. I purchased a regular size 16 pair of pants at Target last night and I've been wearing size XL shirts for a few months already! This is a big, big deal!

Also, with Halloween this weekend, there have been treats around at work. I had longingly noticed candy corn at the store several times already this month, so I was THRILLED when my friend Pat put out some snack packets of candy corn to share! When I tried it on the way home, though, I found it wasn't the yummy treat I remembered. I guess my tastes have changed at least a little. I mean, I would devour that stuff in years past! This time, I ate about 4 or 5 of the pieces, and didn't want any more.

I'm not immune to the enticing lull of candy or sweets though, let me be clear. I had a tiny sliver of birthday cake and a few spoonfuls of banana pudding at our unit birthday celebration today.... And I had also grabbed a snack bag of plain M&Ms out of the treats at work and, well, I ate all of those. (-: That's a rare thing of course, as what would the point of returning to old habits be, but it's pretty neat that when I do that, I'm happy to just have a little and.... something new for me.... just WALK AWAY! If I didn't, there would be physical pain and punishment, mind you. But I'm psychologically and emotionally fine with the concept of just a little now! That small thing is actually a seriously huge thing, people!

No comments: