Well, the Child Protective Services Check from Maryland FINALLY came back!!! Looks like our home visit will be during the first week of March. Our adoption profile draft is done and we are just waiting on any feedback from our adoption counselor, so once we're approved, we'll be ready to get it "out there" asap!
We replaced all we are going to replace and documented the proof several weeks ago. The burglary was at the end of August, so we're relieved that our part should finally be DONE! Just waiting on the last payment once the adjuster looks over all of our stuff.... they would only pay us a certain amount called the actual cash value until we had proof of spending over and above that amount with actual replacements for stolen items. You can imagine we're anxious to get that last check.... but it shouldn't be too long now.
I continue to favor Facebook to blogger these days. Sorry about that for my friends and family who aren't on Facebook. It's a lot of fun, so you should give it a try! I've been walking with a friend from elementary and high school (as it turns out, I moved into her neighborhood!). I had lunch with another friend from Elementary school yesterday, and I am looking forward to a CHS band mini-reunion in about a month. I've also found a few friends who have gone through or are going through adoption also. What fun to reconnect with dear friends and people from so long ago!
Added a few pictures just for fun. Our kitties are just adorable, aren't they? And below is a picture of my family from my birthday dinner a few weeks ago... Ben took the picture, so he's not in it. (-:

No comments:
Post a Comment