I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Sunday, August 03, 2008

PMS influenced rant

Do you ever wonder "what's the point?". Seriously. I spent my preschool days looking forward to Kindergarten, then all of elementary school time looking forward to high school. Then all of high school looking forward to college. Then college looking forward to getting a job. Ironically, as I reached each of those milestones, I'd realize how much fun I'd had in that past phase and, by then, it was gone forever.

When I got a job, I looked forward to getting a different job, and, now that I truly enjoy my work (most days, at least), I still look forward to the weekends. BUT, now I am at the end of my weekend, and I'm thinking about how much I wasted of my weekend, how I didn't really enjoy much of it (except dinner last night --- thanks MOM!), and how many things I SHOULD have taken care of that I didn't. Maybe I'll get them taken care of next weekend. Or maybe I'll waste that one, too.

Of course I realize that there is a point. The most fulfilling aspects of life are our relationships with others and allowing God to live through us. But isn't it just sometimes too easy to get distracted in self absorption and stray off that path?

Am I alone here? Can I get an "AMEN"?

No comments: