I had Roux En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery on May 26, 2010

And I want to share my experiences with you!


Sunday, March 30, 2008

Apartment Dwellers

Well, we made the decision to rent an apartment. There was one 4 miles from Ben's work (an awesome change for him!) that allowed us to get a decent price with just a four month contract. We'll be moving into Post Oglethorpe on Friday the 11th. It's a roomy two bedroom apartment with a two car garage that we will use as our "storage unit" and have everything under one roof again. Hopefully, this will allow us to take our time choosing the right house for us and to save a little more for a down payment.

This apartment thing was more Ben's idea than mine, and it hasn't been an easy week for our marriage, but things seem to be getting better. Change is hard no matter how much of a blessing the change represents, I suppose. I was NOT happy that this would mean needing to move twice in half a year. I like order and I was REALLY looking forward to nesting in my new home and preparing the house for the baby we'll be adopting and the rest of our lives! Not to mention, just three short years ago as we were pre-wedding, I moved in October, January, and again in March- and then had to adjust when Ben moved in, too. You can imagine I was ready to never, ever, ever move again!

In the end, I suppose Ben is right about getting a short term apartment. I just wish it had been a more gradual discussion and decision process rather than his sudden announcement (maybe pronouncement!?) that most of what we've been discussing and acting on about buying our next home was all wrong, and the houses we'd looked at were not really options now, and we need to hold off a few more months to save more money before buying a house.... Because, you know, I wasn't stressed enough about the fact that we got a contract with a closing date less than three weeks later and had no place to move to, so it was a GREAT idea to add fuel to that fire!

At any rate, choosing to live in an apartment for four months WILL allow us to be patient and wait for God's timing on our house purchase. It WILL allow us to cut back on our commuting expenses and time. It WILL allow us to live in the area we want to live without making a rushed decision on a long term commitment. And the drawback of moving twice, well, I guess that is offset by Ben agreeing that we can hire "real movers" for both the move out of this house and the future move from the apartment to the house we'll buy.

And, btw, we WILL buy a house in the near future! And you'd better believe when we do, I'll waste no time getting the nursery set up.... and nesting like crazy. Nesting meaning getting the house how WE want it, as opposed to just a generic house. Ben thinks it will be 18 months before we get to adopt a baby- and it could be-- but Ben also thought this house would never sell before June or July. I was pretty sure it wouldn't take very long. Hmmm. Who was right on that one? God's timing is perfect, definitely, but not always predictable! Never say never! (-:

May you rest and wait on our dear, loving father and all He has in store for you!

1 comment:

Donna-Marie said...

Well, you may not like to hear it, but I think moving into the apt was a good idea. We had a month to find a house and we got this one. Which is fine, but Mark and I are pretty much "over it" and wishing we had had more time to find one in better shape and with the floorplan we really wanted.
Oh well. Live and learn.