The high today was listed as 99. I am so thankful for air conditioning.
Mom came over for a few hours today and helped me de-clutter some. She also dusted my blinds and washed my windows while I got out the drill and fixed some cabinet shelves and hung a towel rod in my laundry room. (need a place for my swim suit and towel to dry now that I'm going to LA Fitness!) Anyway, Moms are great. 'Specially mine.
I had my second acupuncture treatment today. I feel so much more healthy and energetic. I'm technically going for infertility, but he's trying to get my yin in balance with my yang. This imbalance has been known to cause depression, so I think it's helping with that, too. I'm also supposed to drink herbal tea - individually formulated for my personal needs- several times a day. Unfortunately, that tea is actually bunches of chinese herbs boiled in water and then strained out. What's left is the "tea" which tastes just awful. Thankfully, it's OK for me to add lemon and honey!
I had to call in sick last Wednesday. Guess I had a virus. All I know is that even with just eating plain foods like pretzels, sierra mist, and peanut butter on bread for THREE DAYS, my digestive track was all messed up. My co-workers were convinced I was pregnant! Unfortunately, as I understand it, that's not possible if you've just been on your period and you haven't ovulated yet. Now, if I start drinking that Chinese "tea" again and my digestive system gets all messed up again, I'll know it wasn't a virus...
Speaking of work, I'm proud to say that after almost 7 years at Social Security, I was given my first Award on Friday. They are sort of like small bonuses and are recognition for good employees.
Ben went to Ft. Lauderdale Thursday and is flying home as I write. He had a company wide meeting for his work. I've really missed him, which isn't really like me. Ben used to call me "Independent Jen"! Hope he'll feel up to going to the movies with me tonight. He's my favorite movie buddy!
Hope things are going well with you!
A New Look and a New Site
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment