Hi everyone!
I am tired and I should be in bed, but I haven't written in a few weeks and I have a few things I want to share. I don't have to work tomorrow, but I have to go get THREE cavities filled (so much for my previous record of only two ever!) and then go to the doctor in the afternoon.
For those of you concerned, you'll be happy to hear that my Big Toe on my right foot is healing nicely from my Ingrown Toenail Surgery two weeks ago. It's my fourth surgery, so hopefully it's my last. (two sides on each big toe) Ben thinks the entire subject is utterly disgusting, which cracks me up. I found this out about two and a half years ago when I was telling him of my last surgery as we were sight seeing along the reflecting pool in front of the Washington Monument.
I'm quite a romantic, btw.
Ben's back is out, so he couldn't cut the grass this weekend. Last weekend he wasn't inspired, so it had not yet been cut this spring. Our weather has been gorgeous (got up to 88 today!), so it really needed to be done. So, I took a few puffs of my inhaler, felt confident about my Zyrtec, and got out there and did it. It was a beautiful day, so I actually enjoyed being active and outside. And my allergies did fine. Can't figure that out, though- the pollen count has been in the extremely high range all week here. Like, not just a few hundred, but 2,700+! Ah, yes. Atlanta.
Well, we got all of our fertility testing done and saw the OB/GYN a week ago Friday. I adore my doctor, so I was sad when he decided we had too many issues for him to sort through, so it was best that he refer us to the infertility specialist. We do that tomorrow at 1:30PM. Ben and I each had a few things that are not quite optimal, so he didn't want to waste our time trying all sorts of things without being certain which route was the best. I was having a really hard time with it. I mean, since about the 3rd time I got my period once we started "trying", I would have a day or so of sadness, but then feel really confident that God was in control and would work it all out. I guess in the back of my mind, though, I had figured it would be one issue with a simple solution. When several things came up from our testing and it clearly wasn't simple, I got distracted. I mean from my faith. Artie's sermon just hit the spot for me this morning. I need to die over and over again. I thought I had surrendered it all, but alas, I had not. Artie reminded me that my flesh had reared it's ugly head, I had veered too far from God, and my negativity and depression last week was the predictable response! I was reminded during Artie's message that we not only need to constantly surrender on the no-brainers, but on the road blocks as well. What a burden lifted. That's right, God is in control. And I COMPLETELY trust that he's got an amazing family in the works for Ben and I. Who CARES about the details on how that will come about!
As a last thought, we are going to do a VBS at Midtown. This is a first, btw. A huge answer to prayer. And guess who is the director? God is wonderful and he answers prayers in so many ways. Remember my prayers about a year ago? I was praying about becoming a preschool teacher. I knew in my heart that I was not fulfilling my purpose- to work with kids. A year later I am involved with the Children's Ministry and a VBS director. I couldn't be happier. What a blessing these things are in my life, and how wonderful it is to serve others, allow God to work through me, and LOVE every minute of it! It feels like a wonderful new adventure, and not like work. You know what I mean, right? When you volunteer for something because you feel obligated, it is a lot like work. Children's Ministry stuff does not feel like work to me, it feels like a gift.
God is good. All the time. Sometimes we're not looking, but he's always there, he's always answering prayers, and he's always loving each of us. And only HE knows our full potential... I think many of us would be frightened by that image and run in the other direction. He lets us in on it a little bit at a time, doesn't He? And only when we're in tune with His desires for us. Isn't that when you feel most fulfilled? When you are allowing Him to work in and through you?
Have an amazing week, my dear friends.
A New Look and a New Site
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment