Figaro, in addition to all the other stuff, has lymphoma. Yep, cancer. The internist said he at least chose the cancer most responsive to chemo. Right. A 15 year old cat with a zillion other things wrong with him?!? I'm happy to do everything we can to make him comfy- INCLUDING kitty smoothies at every meal and several types of medication to slow all this stuff down and help keep his food down. But chemo? Once a week for 12 weeks (and yes, we'd have to take time from work), then every other week for another 12 visits. At $100 to $200 a visit. Hmm. $150 x 24 = $3,600 for a kitty who is already really sick and at the end of his expected life span. Not to mention making lots of messes all over my brand new home. Of course I love him and want him to be comfy, but there has to be a limit, you know? And, hey, at least he has not just a few, but many medically viable reasons for his grumpy and sometimes aggressive behavior. (Don't tell him he's missing most of his teeth and his front claws....)
BTW, I am doing better today. I cleaned like a mad woman last night so our house feels a bit more under control. Oddly enough, that helps me at work. Yes, I'm psycho. Just ask Ben. And speaking of Ben, he's a sweetie. I'm not sure how or why he chose me or continues to put up with me each day. But he's a huge blessing in my life and I am really grateful for his kindness, patience, and love. He also really tries to help around the house. Over the weekend he mowed the grass, emptied the dishwasher twice, helped disassemble the guest room bed and then bring in a ladder to replace the light bulbs (one difficulty with high ceilings!), THEN helped put the bed back together and make both our bed and the guest bed! Not to mention, he was super wonderful and granted me a much needed "Jen Day" yesterday. He went to Richard's and left me at home all by myself.
A New Look and a New Site
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment